Thursday, September 30, 2010

Halloween Cards


Just loved this class! Donna is patient and organized and extremely creative. We blended alcohol inks and then heat set them. Then we stamped on the bird and then glittered. Messy but fun! We masked the cat stamp after embossing it so the lamp looks like it is glowing. I love that effect. I also really like the look that embossing gives to pretty much anything.


I bought the spooky bird stamp but the cat with the lamppost is on order. That gives me another excuse to drive back down to Stafford Springs and visit Inspiration Station.


Donna is teaching the Xmas printer's tray on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and I think that I will sign up for that one too.

2 comments:

  1. I love the example of the cat in the lamp light being used in the printer's tray & also on the card. This is a wonderful stamp. I plan on borrowing the technique to use with a stamp that I have. These cards are definitely a step up from the dancing skeleton. You did a great job & thanks so much for sharing ... As an FYI - I like to use ultra fine Ranger black embossing powder for a real silky look on my cards. It's great for a cauldron or black cat ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete